Apple has just seeded the first beta of iOS 8.4 to developers, previewing an all-new Music app. The beta update is available via Apple iOS Dev Center.
The new Music app comes with a revamped design, new MiniPlayer and Up Next feature – from iTunes Desktop – alongside improved iTunes Radio and Search functionality. Full release notes are posted below, have a look!
Preview the new Music app
The iOS 8.4 Beta includes an early preview of the the all-new Music app. With powerful features and an elegant new look, enjoying your music is easier than ever. This preview provides a sneak peek into what we’ve been working on, and what’s to come — the music is just getting started.
● All-New Design. Music app has a beautiful new design that makes exploring your music collection easier and more fun. Personalize playlists by adding your own image and description. Enjoy stunning pictures of your favorite artists in the Artists view. Start playing an album right from the album list. The music you love is never more than a tap away.
● Recently Added. Albums and playlists you’ve recently added are now at the top of your library, making it effortless to find something new to play. Simply tap play on the artwork to listen.
● Streamlined iTunes Radio. Discovering music with iTunes Radio is easier than ever. You can now quickly return to your favorite stations in Recently Played. Choose from a selection of hand-curated stations in Featured Stations, or start a new one from your favorite artist or song.
● New MiniPlayer. With the new MiniPlayer, you can see what’s playing and control playback while browsing your music collection. To open Now Playing, just tap on the MiniPlayer.
Improved Now Playing. Now Playing has a stunning new design that showcases your album artwork the way it was meant to be. In addition, you can begin wirelessly streaming your music using AirPlay without leaving Now Playing.
● Up Next. It’s now simple to find out which songs from your library will play next — just tap the Up Next icon in Now Playing. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
● Global Search. You can now search from anywhere in the Music app — just tap the magnifying glass. Search results are conveniently organized to help you quickly find that perfect song. You can even start an iTunes Radio station right from Search.
[videoembed type=”youtube” url=”https://youtube.com/watch?v=TkGem8NjX8o”]
Registered Apple iOS Developers can head to iOS Dev Center and grab the update right away.
Apple expands its free coding courses for educators and students
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G leaked in video ahead of launch
Apple launches Back to School promotion in Europe, Asia, Mexico and the Middle East
Google Pay adds support for 11 more banks in the US
You can now add Apple Card to Mint
Apple will use Apple Silicon for Mac instead of Intel chips
Apple unveils macOS Big Sur with a new design
Apple previews new iOS 14 features at WWDC 2020
watchOS 7 adds new workout types, sleep tracking, and handwashing detection
iPadOS 14 brings Home Screen widgets, handwriting features and more
- Apps & Software1 week ago
WhatsApp adds QR codes for contacts, animated stickers and more
- Events4 days ago
Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked 2020 scheduled for August 5
- Apps & Software4 days ago
Google Currents launches for Android and iOS, takes over Google Plus
- Apps & Software5 days ago
Gmail for iPad finally supports Split View multitasking