Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band 2, featuring an OLED display and a handful of new features.
Xiaomi’s fitness tracker isn’t just a wearable strap anymore, it’s much more – a watch, too. The new scratch-resistant OLED display lets you see time, step count and heart-rate, all with a wrist lift or button tap.
The IP67 water-resistant wearable now offers a 20-day battery life, along with support for second-generation Bluetooth 4.0. It also sports an ADI accelerometer inside.
Mi Band 2 Features:
- Fitness, heart rate, and sleep tracker
- Scratch-resistant OLED display that shows time, step count, heart rate with a wrist lift or a button tap
- Power-efficient ADI accelerometer and optical heart rate sensor
- Upgraded pedometer algorithm
- Hypoallergenic, medical-grade silicone band
- 20-day battery
- IP67 water-resistant
- Anodized 0.05mm ultra-thin button rests flush against the display
- 2nd-gen Bluetooth 4.0
- Customized nudge alerts to keep you moving
The 0.42-inch screen is not a touch-screen gig, which is probably one of the reasons why it’s available at just $23. The Mi Band 2 comes in black, blue, green and orange color options, with initial availability on June 7 in China.