Xiaomi has begun rolling out MIUI 9 Global Beta to the first batch of eligible devices — Xiaomi Mi 6 and Redmi Note 4/4X. There’s a couple of batches in row.
The Chinese phone maker announced MIUI 9 a few weeks back in China, of course with China-exclusive features like the universal image search, smart app launcher, and smart assistant. But there’s a lot to like in MIUI 9 Global Beta, too. Following is the changeling for build 7.8.10.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10 Changelog
- New – Deep-level system optimizations (08-07)
- New – New icons (08-07)
- New – New animations for launching and exiting apps (08-07)
- New – Simpler Home screen editing (08-07)
- New – Introducing Split screen (08-07)
- New – Improved Silent mode triggered by the volume button (08-07)
- New – Improved readability for the start page of Messaging (08-07)
Up next in the second batch of MIUI 9 eligible devices, we have Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi 5/5s/5s Plus, Mi Max/Max 2 and Redmi 4/4X. There’s a third batch, which includes most of other Xiaomi devices, as well yet with no information on release date.
The rollout is an OTA for users who’ve already been using MIUI 9 Beta ROM, while it’s a manual installation for stable build users. More importantly, manual installation of MIUI 9 Global Beta requires an unlocked bootloader.