YouTube has announced YouTube TV app for select Android TV devices as well as Apple TV. The service will let users stream live TV through the app, provided a valid YouTube TV subscription.
YouTube TV App Features
- Control your live TV experience with your TV’s remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what’s airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
While Apple TV and TV devices from LG and Samsung are supposed to receive the native YouTube TV app “in the coming weeks,” the app will roll out to NVIDIA SHEILD TV and select Sony Android TV devices this week. In addition, the initial rollout will also support Xbox One family.
If you aren’t a YouTube TV member yet, try it out free today. However, you will need a SHIELD TV or supported Smart TV to experience YouTube TV app. YouTube TV is now available in top 50 metro areas, covering over two-third of the US.