Apple has seeded the public build of watchOS 4.1. The update brings in some big new additions for Apple Watch Series 3, and fixes for the original watch.
As with every major software update on the planet, watchOS 4.1 comes along new features as well as bug fixes and performance improvements. Features announced during Apple Watch Series 3 keynote are now available through this update.
With watchOS 4.1, LTE streaming for Apple Music and iCloud Music Library is now possible. There’s a new Radio app bundled that lets Series 3 wearers listen to Beats 1 and other stations on Apple Music.
For more accurate and easy measure, watchOS 4.1 has support for GymKit as well. The feature allows to sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled equipments.
watchOS 4.1 Full Changelog
- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
- Ability to disconnect from a Wi-Fi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
- Resolves an issue where the current Stand hour indicator did not appeal for some users
- Resolves an issue that was caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise / Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
Apple Watch wearers can grab the watchOS 4.1 update via the Watch app for iOS. Make sure you have at least 50-percent battery and the wearable is connected to a power source while updating to watchOS 4.1.
Apple wins bidding war for ‘Snow Blind’ starring Jake Gyllenhaal
Apple allocates its first $400 million to address California’s housing crisis
Google is reportedly facing an antitrust probe from its home state of California
Apple warns customers not to close MacBooks with a camera cover installed
Apple supplier Foxconn plans $1 billion investment in India
Apple will use Apple Silicon for Mac instead of Intel chips
Apple unveils macOS Big Sur with a new design
Apple previews new iOS 14 features at WWDC 2020
watchOS 7 adds new workout types, sleep tracking, and handwashing detection
iPadOS 14 brings Home Screen widgets, handwriting features and more
- Events1 week ago
Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked 2020 scheduled for August 5
- News1 week ago
OnePlus Nord will be officially unveiled on July 21
- Apps & Software1 week ago
Google Currents launches for Android and iOS, takes over Google Plus
- News6 days ago
Apple Music time-synced lyrics arrive on Samsung Smart TVs