Apple has released iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 to the public. The software update brings notable changes to compatible devices, including bug fixes and performance improvements related to Screen Time and the Mail app.
As of bug fixes, iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 bring a fix for Communication Limits that allowed a contact to be added without entering the passcode in Screen Time. Fixes for remote image loading and multiple undo dialogs in Mail have also been included in the update.
Apple also added support for Indian English Siri voices for HomePod, with general improvements for stability and quality. Here are the full release notes for iOS 13.3.1:
- Fixes an issue in Communication Limits that could allow a contact to be added without entering the Screen Time passcode
- Adds a setting to control the use of location services by the U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Addresses an issue that could cause a momentary delay before editing a Deep Fusion photo taken on iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro
- Resolves an issue with Mail that could cause remote images to load even when the “Load Remote Images” setting is disabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause multiple undo dialogs to appear in Mail
- Addresses an issue where FaceTime could use the rear facing ultra-wide camera instead of the wide camera
- Resolves an issue where push notifications could fail to be delivered over Wi-Fi
- Addresses a CarPlay issue that could cause distorted sound when making phone calls in certain vehicles
- Introduces support for Indian English Siri voices for HomePod
Alongside iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1, Apple also seeded watchOS 6.1.2. The update provides important security updates and is recommended for all users. For older iOS devices, Apple dropped iOS 12.4.5 for download. Happy Updating!