Apple has released iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 with some major updates to the operating systems. The software update comes two months after the release of iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1.
One of the most notable changes here is the trackpad support for iPadOS 13.4, which Apple announced alongside the new iPad Pro models. The trackpad update supports Magic Mouse, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2, and third-party mouse connected over USB or Bluetooth.
Another improved bit is the new toolbar in the Mail app that shows up when viewing an email. Previously, the delete icon and reply icon were placed next to each other, which let some accidental touches on the delete icon. That now stands resolved with the new toolbar that also adds Folder and Compose icons.
The software update brings iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app as well as bug fixes and improvements. You can have a look on the full iOS 13.4 changelog below.
iOS 13.4 Changelog
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to, or compose a message in conversation view
- Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- List view for See All Games
- Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
- In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files
- Predictive typing support for Arabic
- This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Adds status bar indicator to display when VPN has disconnected on iPhone models with all-screen displays
- Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
- Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
- Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
- Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
- Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
- Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
- Fixes an issue in Settings where cellular data may incorrectly display as off
- Addresses an issue in Safari where webpages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active
- Resolves an issue where text copied from web content may appear invisible when pasted when Dark Mode is active
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
- Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
- Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even when not signed in
- Addresses an issue in Apple Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
- Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
- Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
- Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping on the Share menu from a screenshot
- Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols
The iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 updates are available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and install the latest update. Apple is also releasing iOS 12.4.6 for older iPhone models.