Apple has updated iMovie for iPadOS with trackpad support. The app is now compatible with Apple’s Magic Keyboard accessory, which is due launch in May.
Besides usual performance improvements, the iMovie app now lets you download all bundled soundtracks with one tap. There’s also support for new file formats, including PNG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP, to add to your movie. All new features are mentioned below.
- Use iMovie on iPad with Magic Keyboard, a mouse, or a trackpad for a new way to create movies and trailers (requires iPadOS 13.4)
- Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the five inspector modes when a clip is selected: Action, Speed adjustments, Volume, Titles, and Filters
- Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly rotate video 90-degrees clockwise or counterclockwise
- Tap the Download All button at the top of the soundtracks list to download all bundled soundtracks at once
- Add PNG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP files to your movie
- Performance and stability improvements
You can download iMovie for free on the App Store.