Apple released iOS and iPadOS 14.4 to the public, making it the fourth major update to the iOS 14 software release. The new update is all about bug fixes and few new features in tow.
With iOS 14.4, the phone camera can now recognize smaller QR codes. Additionally, the update also provides notification for when the camera on an iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in the iPhone 12 models.
Also, Apple has added a new feature for specifying a device type for third-party Bluetooth-connected audio devices to take Headphone Audio Level measurements correctly.
The update included several bug fixes like image artifacts appearing in HDR photos when taken with iPhone 12 Pro, problems with the Fitness widget, word suggestions not appearing while using the keyboard, and more.
The iOS and iPadOS 14.4 updates can be downloaded on all eligible devices from the Settings app. Tap on Settings, then go to General, and click on Software Update and you’re good to go.
Apple’s full release notes about the update:
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
- Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
- The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
- Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
- Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen