Apple renews ‘Dear…’ for second season on Apple TV Plus
The renewed season comes with ten new episodes featuring internationally acclaimed leaders.
Apple has renewed the docuseries “Dear…” for a second season. The renewed season comes with ten new episodes featuring internationally acclaimed leaders. The first season premiered last year in June, and featured guests like Oprah, Stevie Wonder, Lin-Manuel Miranda, among others.
From Apple’s press release:
Apple TV+ today announced a second season renewal for its inspiring and acclaimed unscripted series “Dear…” from Emmy and Peabody Award winner R.J. Cutler. The announcement comes on the heels of the critically acclaimed debut of Apple and Cutler’s global smash hit documentary “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry.”
The docuseries features some celebrated people who describe their lives and their greatest success, on camera. The second season will spotlight the following internationally acclaimed leaders:
- Academy, Emmy and Tony Award-winning actress and producer Viola Davis
- Multi-platinum recording artist, actress and producer Selena Gomez
- Two-time Academy Award-winning actor, producer, New York Times best-selling author and activist Jane Fonda
- Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Ava DuVernay
- Emmy, Tony and Grammy Award-winning actor and singer Billy Porter
- Former Vogue creative director and journalist Andre Leon Talley
- Golden Globe and SAG Award winner, and Emmy Award-nominated actress Sandra Oh
- Renowned waterman Laird Hamilton
- The NBA’s all-time leading scorer and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
While Apple didn’t mention a specific premiere date, “Dear…” season 2 will air sometime later this year on Apple TV Plus, the company confirmed.
Apple TV Plus is a streaming service with Apple Originals and new shows added every month. Priced at $4.99 per month, the service comes with a one-year free trial on every new Apple device purchase.