Apps & Software
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, iOS 8.4.1 & iTunes 12.2.2 Released
Apple has released iOS 8.4.1, OS X 10.10.5 and iTunes 12.2.2, bringing a lot of improvements and fixes.
The company’s latest software update to iOS 8 fixes a number of issues while using Apple Music on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other decides
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes and issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
To be noted, iOS 8.4.1 patches TaiG Jailbreak, meaning you won’t be able to retain your Jailbreak if you update to the latest number.
You can grab the update over-the-air, simply navigate to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Likewise, the next update is for Mac OS X Yosemite, leading to version 10.10.5. The update comes with enhancements to Mail and Photos, alongside stability, compatibility, and security improvements.
- Improves compatibility with certain email servers when using Mail
- Fixes an issue in Photos that prevented importing videos from GoPro cameras
- Fixes an issue in QuickTime Player that prevented playback of Windows Media files
And we’ve iTunes 12.2.2 with Apple Music enhancements and overall stability improvements.
- Click on the Beats 1 banner to see what’s currently on, or view a complete broadcast schedule so you never miss a show
- You can now view a list of the artists you’re following on Apple Music
- Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music
- Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music
- Fixed a problem where playlists displayed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library
- Artists can now share thoughts, photos, music, and videos to Connect, right from iTunes
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and iTunes 12.2.2 is now available via the Mac App Store, just head over to the Updates section and grab the update.