Apps & Software
Google Assistant for iOS launches in the UK, France, and Germany
Google has expanded the reach of its virtual assistant beyond the US, adding support for Google Assistant on iOS in the UK, France, and Germany. Now you can use the Siri-alternative from Google on your iPhone or iPad in Europe, too.
Interacting with Google Assistant is simply talking to Google’s AI. You can ask it to answer your questions, control your smart home devices, perform simple tasks like handling calls, messages, reminders, and a lot more. Plus, the Google Assistant can also play music for you (via YouTube). A quick look on what you can do using Google Assistant.
With the Google Assistant app, you can:
- Make quick phone calls (e.g. “Call Mom.”)
- Send text messages (e.g. “Text my bestie.”)
- Email your boss (e.g. “Here is the latest TPS report.”)
- Set reminders (e.g. “Remind me to buy a birthday gift for Sarah.”)
- Set calendar events (e.g. “Set a calendar event for dinner with Charlie tomorrow from 7-9.”)
- Play music (e.g. “Play jazz music on YouTube.”)
- Navigate places (e.g. “Get me directions home.”)
- Weather information (e.g. “Do I need an umbrella today?”)
Google Assistant for iOS works on iPhone and iPad running iOS 9.3 or above, which should cover the majority of iOS devices. You can download Google Assistant for iOS from the App Store for free. Let us know what you think of Google Assistant siting next to Siri on your iPhone or iPad.