Apple has pushed iTunes 12.7 for Mac and PC, with support for iOS 11. The update has numerous changes, but the notable highlight here is the exclusion of desktop iOS App Store from iTunes. This takes iTunes a step closer to being a standalone app for music.
All iOS apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are now exclusive to App Store for iOS, meaning you won’t be able to tinker with them on iTunes now. Well, that’s because Apple says the all-new App Store for iOS makes it easy to get, update and re-download apps — all without a Mac or PC.
Not only for App Store, iTunes 12.7 has other changes and refinements, too. Full iTunes 12.7 changelog is after the fold.
iTunes 12.7 for Changelog:
● Apps: Looking for your past iOS app downloads? Learn how to redownloadapps on your iOS device.
● iTunes U: Collections of iTunes U content appear in the Podcasts section of iTunes.
● Internet Radio: Your Internet Radio stations appear in your music library’s sidebar. Click Edit in the sidebar to show or hide Internet Radio.
● Ringtones: iOS 11 supports redownloading ringtones directly to your iOS device, without the need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC.
● Books on Windows: Books on iTunes for Windows are managed in iBooks for iOS. Learn how to redownload books on an iOS device.
You can update to the latest iTunes 12.7 on Mac via Mac App Store, and on PC through this link.